Friday, November 05, 2010

Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down



"New Year's Eve at Toppers' House, North London's most popular suicide spot. And four strangers are about to discover that doing away with yourself isn't quite the private act they'd each expected
Four strangers, who moments before were convinced that they were alone and going to end it all that way, share out the pizza and begin to talk ... Only to find that they have even less in common than first suspected." Nick Hornby's A Long Way Down is a novel that asks some of the big questions: about life and death, strangers and friendship, love and pain, and whether a group of losers, and pizza, can really see you through a long, dark night of the soul"

I never read a book by Nick Hornby and after reading this one I am  not sure I will read another, I am sure a lot of people will find this book rather enjoyable and I would not say it was bad but at so many moments I just wanted to put it down and not pick it up again.

There were moments that were funny and could help but lol, and I love the ending because it was not the typical Hollywood ending , however the characters in the book were not like able, there was nothing enduring about them, nothing that drew me to them... when I read a book I want to love my characters or love to hate them but with this book I felt nothing, I did not care for them at all.
.

No comments: