(please excuse how badly this post is written, i just wrote it quickly and did not want to reread it)
Today i had plan on doing a Wedding Wednesday, but it just did not seam approriate with all that has been happening this week. Over the weekend by My little Big boy got very sick, and he stop eating which is when i new something was seriously wrong, as i had to work, My fanastic Boy, Dan took him to the Vet. After examination, the vet told him it most likely was nothing to serious and just push fluids and he should be okay in a couple of days, however he said there was a 30 percent chances that it could be something more serious an he wanted to run some blood test as well as some urine test. So we decided that this was the best thing to do, After the test were done Daniel brought Wynston to pick me up from work and we all went home together. Daniel told me how cool and calm Wynie had been at the Vet, and how the vet said they had never had a cat so calm to have his temperature or blood take before. ( He was alway such a good boy). About midnight that night we got a phone call from the vet to say that Wynie was in acute renal failure and could we please bring him back to the vet to discuss treatment options. So we got up and headed back in, on arrival i knew that we were going to have to make a hard option.
Basically what happened was the vet told us, even with treatment the prognossis was not good due to the extended of the damage, i asked about the blood results to see how far of the scale they were, and it was extreme. He said if we wanted to go ahead with treatment we could, and wait to see if he improved. However, even if we did this and he did somehow imporve his kideny would be rather damage and he quaility of life would not be good, and he could have a lot of health problems. By this stage Daniel and I were balling our eyes out, Our baby, yes i know he is not our child but he is still our baby was dying and there was nothing we could do.
Daniel and I decided as hard as it was that we did not Wynie to suffer and decided to put him down. He was a good boy right to the end, the vet told me when i was saying my last good bye, that he did not make a fuss about having the cannula put in but just sat there. Daniel, also being my white knight did something i could not do, i did not Wynie to be alone when it happened. So he held him to the very last minute while i waited in the waiting room.
So Wynie the Pooh, My little big boy. Mummy and Daddy love you, and RIP. We miss you!